• 1 lb broccoli, florets
• 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
• 8 oz tofu cut into cubes - organic
• 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 2 medium cloves garlic
• 1 TBS soy sauce - if gluten-free use Braggs Liquid Aminos or Wheat Free Soy Sauce
• 2 TBS grated ginger
• 1 TBS rice vinegar
• red pepper flakes to taste
1. Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water.
2. While steam is building up in steamer, cut broccoli florets into quarters and let them sit for 5-10 minutes to enhance their health promoting properties. Also cut stems into 1/4-inch pieces.
3. Press or chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
4. Add tofu and sliced carrots to steamer and steam for 2 minutes.
5. Add broccoli and steam for 5 more minutes.
6. Toss with rest of ingredients.