- 1 lb cooked medium sized shrimp (buy still frozen if possible for freshness), remove tails
- 1 medium-sized tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1 large firm avocado, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1 TBS chopped fresh mint
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 head small romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed
- Make sure shrimp is completely unfrozen if you buy it already cooked. Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Mix all ingredients, except lettuce, in a bowl. For optimum flavor, marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes or more. It is still very good served right away if you don't have the time. Serve on bed of chopped romaine lettuce.