One 15 oz. Can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 Clove Garlic
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
2 Tbsp flour (or gf flour)
2 tblsp. Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Yogurt (dairy free yogurt option)
3 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
8 Cups Mixed Greens
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes
1/2 Small Red Onion
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas, parsley, garlic, cumin, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper until coarsely chopped and the mixture comes together when gently squeezed.
- Form the mixture into eight ½-inch-thick patties and coat with the flour, tapping off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties, turning carefully, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the greens, tomatoes, onion, and chickpea patties among plates. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.