Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or other high heat oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (sub. 8 oz diced tofu for vegetarian option)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (gluten-free soy sauce optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring constantly (if you have leftover chicken that is already cooked wait to add chicken until you add the corn starch and broth near the end). Add onions, carrots, broccoli and peppers and cook 3 minutes. Add snap peas, soy sauce and cook 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth in a small bowl and add to wok. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Serve over brown rice.