- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped small
- 2 ribs celery, diced cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth (organic if possible)
- 1 15- ounce can diced tomatoes with juice (No BPA)
- 1 15-ounce can Great Northern White Beans, drained (No BPA)
- 3 cups chopped Spinach
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Cups cooked quinoa or organic brown rice (Optional)
In a large soup pot, sauté the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in 1/4 cup vegetable broth 3 minutes.
Add beans, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes (and juice), spinach and oregano to the pot, stirring to combine.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium simmer. Heat for 8-10 minutes. If you want to make it a more substantial meal add 2 cups cooked quinoa or organic brown rice just before serving.