For the Chickpeas:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt, black pepper, and paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 - 1 tsp dried dill (or sub 2-3 tsp fresh)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk to thin
- optional: Sea salt to taste
- optional: Vegan pita or flatbread (Gluten-free if you prefer)
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Romaine lettuce or fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl toss rinsed and dried chickpeas with oil and spices and spread on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until slightly crispy and golden brown. Once slightly cooled, sample and adjust seasonings as desired
- While the chickpeas are roasting, prepare your sauce by adding hummus, lemon juice, dill and garlic to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Add enough water or almond milk to thin so it’s pourable (~2-3 Tbsp).
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To serve, warm pitas or flatbread in the microwave for 15 -30 seconds (or the still warm oven for 1 minute) and top with desired amount of chickpeas, sauce, and vegetables of choice.