Apple Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1 in. squares
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, cut in half
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. rosemary, minced
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 and 1/2 heads of cauliflower, process in food processor until it looks the size of rice
- 1 green apple, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sweet potatoes, cranberries, and broth into large baking dish. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Stir once.
While sweet potatoes are cooking, place bacon slices in skillet and cook until they are crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and let cool. Add onion and celery in bacon grease pan and cook for 8 minutes, or until they begin to turn brown. Remove onion mixture from pan and place in a small bowl on the side.
Add olive oil to pan and mushrooms. Cook, stirring for a couple minutes until the mushrooms are brown. Add cauliflower to mushroom pan and cook for 5 minutes, stir a few times while cooking.
When the sweet potato mixture is finished cooking, remove from the oven and turn the heat up to 425 degrees. Add the cauliflower mixture, the onion mixture, the apple as well as the cinnamon and sea salt to the sweet potato mixture and stir to combine. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, and serve warm.