Healthy Hash Browns- Made with Spaghetti Squash
- 1 whole large spaghetti squash, cooked and strands pulled out from squash
- sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- fresh green onion (optional garnish)
- cilantro ( optional garnish)
- optional: top with yogurt (dairy-free, vegan)
- Mix squash with a little sea salt. Form into balls, compact them with your hands, and then press each ball into a hash brown patty. Use a kitchen towel or paper towel to help squeeze out any extra moisture you can from each patty.
- Heat a skillet up to medium heat, and add in a little oil. When oil is nice and hot, gently add in a couple patties to pan fry.
- Pan fry each side of the hash brown patties for about 5 to 7 minutes a side, or until nice and golden and thoroughly heated all the way through.
- Top with optional garnish if you like