Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 1 lb ground grass-fed beef
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 28 oz jar tomato sauce
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, diced with oil drained
- 2 basil leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Peel the butternut squash and slice in half. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Slice both halves in half widthwise. Slice each section into thin slices, lengthwise.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large saucepan to medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and onion.
- Once onions are translucent, add the meat, salt, pepper and basil. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and marinara to the pan.
- To assemble the lasagna, place 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce on the bottom of a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Layer with slices of butternut squash so they overlap slightly. Add a layer of meat and sauce to cover the squash.
- Repeat step 7 until there is no more squash or sauce left, about 3 layers.
- Bake in the oven 60 minutes uncovered at 375°F.
- remove From the oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Enjoy!