1. Pray - really, not just saying this because it's the "Christian thing" to say. Spend time talking with God about your health and ask Him to help you to make healthier choices. 1 Peter 5:7 tells us that God cares about all the things we care about so if you worry or care about your health talk to Him about it.
2. Make a Plan. Write out what you will eat (or better yet, follow th menu plan that's included with our f4 Plan), schedule your workouts. Don't just say I'll workout 3 times this week. Write them in your calendar (put reminders in your phone too). Set weekly goals and post them where you will see them throughout your day.
3. Drink Water - most of us walk around somewhat dehydrated. We often think we are hungry when we are actually just thirsty. Water also gives us a feeling of being full. Studies show that if you drink 8 ounces of water before a meal that you will eat less.
4. Eat more vegetables. Vegetables have so many great nutrients and vitamins and are often low in calories. When planning your menu try and add as much color to it as you can. Add some Beets, Kale, Carrots, Brussel Sprouts to your diet. We just added to our f4 Plan a great Brussel sprout recipe that includes roasted grapes and goat cheese! Great way to get in loads of veggies is to make a big pot of veggie soup and have a bowl for a snack or part of your meal.
5. Follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I eat really healthy and 20% of the time I eat kind of healthy. I don't expect to always stick with only the healthiest of food choices and I don't feel like I've failed when I eat foods that aren't that healthy. Now I'm not ever going to go and eat a bunch of Oreos (sugar is the only thing I've pretty much eliminated from my diet) but I will eat a burger and fries without guilt but it's not something I'd do everyday.
ENJOY THIS POST? WANT MORE GREAT FAITH AND FITNESS TOOLS TO KEEP YOU ON TRACK TO LIVING A HEALTHY AND FULL LIFE? THEN TRY OUR FAITHFUL & FIT PLAN TODAY! IT INCLUDES OVER 200+ EXERCISES VIDEOS, MEAL PLANS, DAILY INSPIRATION AND MORE
Michelle is the founder of Faithful Workouts and The Fresh Table. She began her fitness career in 1984 and still loves to help people break free from fitness frustration and move towards a life that's full of physical and spiritual health. Michelle is married to Jeff and they have three children PLUS two lovable dogs and an ornery cat.