As we are sure most have you have noticed we have been doing FW Food Finds. We have so many recipes that we provide you, but sometimes we come across some from other places that we have to share! We were able to find this recipe through one of our Faithful Workouts' friends. He raves about these healthy breakfast cookies! They are perfect for those who have busy mornings. He just prepares them Sunday night and in the morning he grabs 'n goes! Hope you all will try these. We know we will!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed until smooth & creamy
- 1/3 cup peanut butter ~ creamy or chunky
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder ** (can be made without, cookie will just be lower in protein)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavor extract ** (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups quick oatmeal~ uncooked (or use old fashioned oats for more oatmeal texture)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (peanut, walnut, or your favorite)
- 1/4 cup carob or chocolate chips (**optional)
Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix mashed banana & peanut butter until completely combined then add in the applesauce, vanilla protein powder & the extract(s) ~ mix again until all are completely combined. Add in the oatmeal & nuts to the banana mixture & combine. (** add the optional carob / chocolate chips at this time if you want them mixed throughout) Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into circles. (** if you just want the carob / chocolate chips on the top of the cookies, add now)
If you have any recipes you would like to share we would love to hear them! Be sure to include the recipe and source in the comments! Next time we do an FW Food Find we will share yours.