Did you know sweet potatoes are considered a super food? This root vegetable carries a wealth of health benefits and as an added bonus, can also help you lose weight.
Sweet potatoes are high in many important nutrients to fuel the body like vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese. In addition to these nutrients, sweet potatoes also contain riboflavin, phosphorus, vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium and iron. Because sweet potatoes have a good amount of fiber, it can help you manage and even lose weight by helping you feel full without adding a lot of extra calories to your diet. When you opt for a baked sweet potato instead of a bag of potato chips, for example, you’re not only eating fewer calories, you’re also less likely to feel hungry again an hour later which is always a huge bonus to eating healthy.
You may think having fries is out of the question when trying to eat healthy but we are about to change all that with these out of this world sweet potato fries!
World's Best Sweet Potato Fries
• Preheat over to 400°.
• Peal 2 large sweet potatoes.
(You can see this sweet potato isn't orange like you'd expect. There are different varieties and I love the pale colored ones like this the best.)
• Slice potatoes into the shape and size of fries.
• Coarsely shop fresh rosemary and squeeze with 1/2 of 1 large lemon.
• Place fries on clean cookie sheet and add 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, lemon juice, 1/4 cup avocado oil (great for high heat cookie but can use olive oil too) and salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir so all fries are covered with oil.
• Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place in hot oven.
• In 15 minutes check to see how they are browning and use a spatula to flip the fries if they aren't browning evenly on both sides.
• Cook for additional 15 minutes (about 30 minutes total cooking time). Pull out and enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings.
See, we told you, world's best sweet potato fries that are simple, easy and healthy!
Did you enjoy this post? Want access to more great faith and fitness tools to keep you on track to living a healthier and more joy-filled lifestyle? Sign up for our FREE Faithful & Fit Plan TODAY that includes over 200+ exercise vidoes, meal plans, recipes, daily inspiration and more!
Michelle is the founder of Faithful Workouts and The Fresh Table. She began her fitness career in 1984 and still loves to help people break free from fitness frustration and move towards a life that's full of physical and spiritual health. Michelle is married to Jeff and they have three children PLUS two lovable dogs and an ornery cat.