Michelle's Favorite Things Gift Guide!
I get a lot of emails about the different products I love, and so I decided to compile a "Favorite Things" blog just for you all! If you're still looking for a gift for someone, maybe this list will help! I've included some amazon links below in case you want to purchase any of the products mentioned, and so let's get started.
1) Okay, number one has to be my Capresso espresso and cappuccino machine because caffeine. If you're like me and need your coffee to help get up and moving, then I can't recommend this little machine enough. I love that I can make single cups of coffee or a shot of espresso and don't have to pay the high cost of the coffee pods or the $5 at Starbucks. Plus, because I'm a slow coffee drinker, I can use the steamer to reheat my coffee!
2) My Aroma Rice Cooker! I love my rice cooker - it really does make perfect rice each time. It's also super easy to use and doesn't require space on my stove or in my oven. I love to entertain, so it's always nice to have an easy dish like rice. I usually jazz my rice up by adding fresh lime juice and cilantro, or even by adding coconut milk in place of some of the water to give it an Asian flavor. You can also cook other grains like oatmeal quinoa or Farro in it - it's the total package! (they don't have my exact rice cooker available anymore, but this one in amazon is the newer, "upgraded" version of mine).
3) My cast iron skillets have seriously become one of my favorite tools in the kitchen. I love cooking with iron pans. When my husband first brought them home, I wasn't a fan for whatever reason, but now they're all I use. I have a steel wool brush that I use for cleaning which makes clean-up easy, and I feel like the food just tastes better on cast iron. Also, those nonstick pans are never really nonstick (and can be a total pain to clean!) These pans are also pretty heavy, so you can get a great arm workout in while you're cooking/cleaning them!
4) I love giving Christian journals to people. Some of them come with verses on the pages, and it can be fun to add personalized notes to the person you're giving it to. That way, when they open it up, they can be reminded of you and your prayers for them. I got a bunch of them at a discount store called Marshall's and they were four dollars each - such a great gift to give to people that's not much more expensive than giving people a card but just as meaningful.
5) Another one of my faves would have to be my wireless headphones. I'm all about multitasking, and I often put my headset in while I cook so I can listen to a sermon. No cords to get in the way, and nothing to hold me back! These can be more expensive, but it's so nice to not have a cord to worry about when you're multi-tasking (which I always am :D)
6) I have to say, as far as decor goes, I love my cross collection. When we travel, I usually look for one to remind me of the good times we had while we were away. I also love getting them as gifts because it reminds me of the person who gave it to me. They make great presents for people, and I love that they are a constant reminder of what Jesus did for us.
7) I don't know where I would be without my NIV Life Application Study Bible (in large print). I know lots of people are reading the Bible online now or on their phones, but I still love to hold it in my hands. I love that this bible is 1) in large print so I can actually read it, and 2) really gives me an in depth look at the different passages and verses that I'm reading for that day. I love the fresh perspective that it gives me on God's word!
8) I'm not just saying this because I sell it, but I LOVE my fitness loop, ball and resistance bands. I use them all the time when I teach classes out of my own home, and I love that they're small enough for me to take while I travel. I'm big into resistance training - great for your brain and body - and while I can't exactly pack 10lb dumbbells into my suitcase, my resistance bands are always easy to throw in there! I don't go on trips without them.
9) If you've ever watched one of my workouts or heard me speak, you've likely heard me quoting something called The Blue Book. It's a devotional compiled by Jim Branch, and it really has (next to the bible) been the most influential book in my life. If you're looking for a gift for a loved one (or even just for yourself!) I really can't recommend this one enough.
10) Experiencing God is another book I really love. This book really makes experiencing God simple, and it's great if you're looking for a deeper relationship with the creator of the world (which, who isn't?). Everyone I give this book to always gets back to me with rave reviews, and so I feel like this one has to be on the list of my faves.
11) This might seem like a random one, but when you workout as much as do, these are a lifesaver. They're the workout shorts that have the built-in spandex shorts underneath. You can really get these at any sporting goods store, or even TJ Maxx or Target. The pics I've included below are Nike, but I have them in a variety of different brands and they're all great. They're super comfortable and convenient when you're working out because you don't have to worry if you're short are hiked up too far, or keep pulling them down. Like I said, a lifesaver!
12) And, of course, I have to end with our new Faithful & Fit plan. I'm telling you guys, if you're looking to give someone the gift of better health this holiday season, this plan could be the perfect thing! We have over 200 workouts, meal plans, grocery lists, webinars, and podcasts all designed to get you feeling as physically and spiritually healthy as you've ever been!