- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Diced Jalapeno (optional for spice!)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange squash in a large baking dish, cut-sides down. Pour 1/2 cup water into the dish and bake until just tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Rake with a fork to remove flesh in strands, leaving the shell intact for stuffing.
For the filling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Add beans, corn and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute longer. Add cooked squash, cilantro, lime juice and salt, cook 1 minute until heated through.
Fill squash halves with filling, mounding mixture in the center.