- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 8scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1tablespoon curry powder
- 4medium carrots (about 8 ounces), chopped
- 1large russet potato (about 10 ounces), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1cup red lentils
- 4cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Lime Wedge for Garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and scallion whites and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the curry powder. Add the carrots, potato, lentils, broth, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry with the scallion greens and serve with lime wedges, enjoy!