You may add other veggies to the dish such as kale or sliced red peppers.
- 450g/1lb firm tofu, plain
- 2 tbsp plain low sodium soy sauce or gluten free tamari – if using tamari, reduce to 1-1½ tbsp as it is stronger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or use ready grated ginger in a jar)
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- Black pepper
- 6 small-medium tomatoes, eg cherry or plum. A mixture of red and yellow looks particularly pretty
1. Pre-heat oven to 450°F
2. Drain the tofu in a colander, place a clean cloth on top of it and weigh down with something heavy like tins of baked beans, pressing gently to remove some of the excess liquid. Then cut into medium-sized cubes.
3. In a medium oven dish (approximately 8 x 5 inches), place all the ingredients. Using clean hands or a large spoon, gently toss everything together so that the tofu is evenly coated.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cubes are brown on top.
5. Gently turn over the cubes so the paler bits get a chance to brown.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes.