After working out it's so important to replenish your body with the correct foods. There are so many recipes we use on a daily basis that can be made even healthier! We've got new recipes for you guys to try and a list of foods that you can replace for a healthier alternative. If you start small by replacing unhealthy foods with healthier options you will see a difference. Even the smallest changes in your exercise and meal plan can deliver big results. You will be able to most importantly feel the change!
What you can replace:
1. Replace crackers with our tasty Cucumber Bites! They are healthy, refreshing, and much more filling. Top cucumber slices with mustard, chicken, and dill.
2. Replace french fries with grilled carrot fries! Preheat the over to 425°. Slice carrots and toss with olive oil and salt. Place on baking sheet. Cook for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Replace bread with lettuce. Our favorite recipe to try this with is our Club Lettuce Wrap. Pick your choice of lettuce (I like Romaine or Butter Lettuce best) and top with turkey, tomato, and bacon.
4. Replace a bowl of ice cream with our Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl!
5. Replace soda with 2/3 cup of sparkling water with 1/3 cup of 100% fruit juice.
6. Vegetable oil for coconut oil.
7. If you are looking for something sweet replace candy with dried fruit or frozen grapes.
8. Replace cake with a recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Bread.
9. Skip potato chips by replacing them with crunchy red pepper strips and edamame hummus.
10. When baking replace sugar with ground up dates.
11. When baking replace butter with unsweetened applesauce.
12. Replace enriched white pasta with whole grain pasta, spaghetti squash or shredded zucchini.
13. Replace coconut milk for heavy cream.